question

glen avatar image
glen asked

CDN advice

I'm looking to develop a news feed which utilizes Unity Asset Bundles for the purpose of including images. I'm considering two different approaches and the one I'd prefer involves creating a unique asset bundle per news item. My main concern with this is the number of asset bundles that would eventually end up in the CDN over the course of multiple years and multiple platforms.

Will I encounter any serious issues with this approach, such as too many items in the CDN, or something else?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered

Currently, the Content Service is specifically AWS CloudFront, so it is doubtful that would run into an upload limit. But please do note that the cost is as shown on the File Management page of the Game Manager (currently, $0.10 USD per GB downloaded).

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

glen avatar image glen commented ·

Thanks, I noticed the cost and will be implementing our system to limit downloads when unnecessary. Not having an upload limit is nice though.

0 Likes 0 ·
pfnathan avatar image pfnathan ♦ commented ·

There is a limit on the total amount of data you can store in Content, but it's fairly large (many GB). But if you need more, we can make that part of a professional or enterprise tier contract.

0 Likes 0 ·
glen avatar image glen pfnathan ♦ commented ·

Good to know. Luckily we're very unlikely to reach multiple GBs of content storage for a news feed system, and I'm planning on implementing it so we can delete news items older than ~20 posts. Though, each platform we support multiplies the number of asset bundles, but sounds like we should still be fine.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.