question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Using Steam purchasing with non-USD prices

Question from a developer:

I'm testing the StartPurchase flow in Steam, but regardless of what the player's local currency is, I'm seeing the price (set in RM in the catalog) in USD. How can I use the player's local currency?

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you'd like to have your title display the prices in the player's local currency in Steam, please email your title ID and a request to have the Conversion Service turned on for your title. What that will do is automatically convert the purchase price from USD to the player's local currency at the time the purchase is made. So, the downside here is that you can't show the price to the player in their local currency ahead of the call, since the conversion may not match whatever you set in the catalog in RealCurrencyPrices. We do have a backlog item for a future update, to enable RealCurrencyPrices to be used directly, though I'm afraid we don't have a date for that just yet.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.