question

tombatsford avatar image
tombatsford asked

Difference between consuming and revoking items and best practice.

Hi,

I am working on crafting within our game, and one part of it will be allowing players to scrap some of their items to gain crafting materials. Currently these items are not set as consumable within our economy. I just wanted to ask what the best practice would be for achieving something like this. My intention is to remove the item that is being used in the crafting recipe and add more items as a result. Should i be setting all items that are usable in recipes to consumable and then consuming the item or is revoking an item sufficient for removing it from a players inventory?

All of this will be done in cloud script, so using the server API.

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I'd make them consumables, myself. If you have a consistent exchange rate for breakdown of items, you could even just make them containers that contain the specific materials they get from breaking them down, and use the UnlockContainer call for breakdown, so that you don't have to worry about if your Cloud Script fails for any reason.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.