question

jcoriston avatar image
jcoriston asked

Size Limit to CustomData on CatalogItems?

We were wondering if there was a size limit to the amount of data that can be stored in the CustomData key/value pairs?

Player Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There has to be a limit to each service, to prevent titles from being able to generate unlimited costs. You can find all the limits for your title in the Settings->Limits tab of the Game Manager. The limit on catalog item custom data is the same as you see for stores (1,000 bytes by default for the free tier).

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jcoriston avatar image jcoriston commented ·

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info. Sounds like we are going to have to contact you about the enterprize account, haha.

0 Likes 0 ·
jcoriston avatar image jcoriston commented ·

In lieu of this response, are different 'plans' for different upgrades billed independently?

I.e. If we upgrade "Player data value size" to 50,000 bytes, ($19.99 / 100,000 MAU),
And wanted to upgrade "Shared group data value size" to 5,000 bytes, ($19,99 / 100,000 MAU)

Would it be cumulative $40/month for 100,000 MAU?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan jcoriston commented ·

Yes, that's correct. Each limit is distinct, in terms of billing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nick Logue avatar image Nick Logue commented ·

Why am I getting this error then when simply trying to update the 21st key? I'm not trying to update more than one key pair at once.

{ "PlayFabEnvironment": { "Application": "mainserver", "Vertical": "master", "Commit": "b324ea4", "Cloud": "main" }, "EventNamespace": "com.playfab", "Timestamp": "2023-01-08T01:55:09.2833837Z", "EntityType": "title", "SourceType": "BackEnd", "EventName": "title_exceeded_limit", "EntityId": "D1289", "AssociatedEntities": { "player": [ "CC0097F5F5A80B91" ] }, "EventId": "34c03840b66b47bd9ff86274a933f6bd", "LimitDisplayName": "Number of player data key/value pairs which may be updated in a single request.", "Source": "PlayFab", "LimitValue": 10, "LimitId": "CustomData:UserDataUpdateKeysCount", "Value": 21, "Unit": "Count" }

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.