question

max avatar image
max asked

[GameManager] Linking Google Account with old Token Auth does not show in GameManager

We have several users that linked their PlayFab Accounts with their Google Accounts, both on iOS and Android. On both, we're using the old Token Auth functionality (also we have to stick to it, since account switching is a problem with the new server auth method (https://community.playfab.com/questions/12038/authenticate-via-google-serverauthcode-issues.html?childToView=12437#answer-12437).

The current issue though seems to be only UI-wise in the GameManager - it simply doesn't show the linked Google accounts. It shows GameCenter and Facebook fine. Also there's no issue with logging in. We just tried to create a segment to see how many of our users linked which account type and Google simply shows zero. Also on the single player's profile, there's nothing visible.

We don't know if it's the same issue if using the server auth code method.

game manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you provide the Title ID and a PlayFab ID of a user in this state, so that we can have a look?

13 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

max avatar image max commented ·

Sure! This is in our Dev Title, ID: 6131 PlayFabID: 656809E398CAE424 SegmentID of the Segment that doesn't show any Google linked accounts: C2C01DEE4A9B66

The player account here is linked with an iOS Device, Facebook and Google.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan max commented ·

Thanks, I do see that. The issue is that the profile info (which is what the Game Manager shows) is built from PlayStream events, and it looks like the event for that account link didn't make it to the title. I'll file a bug on that to get it fixed, but I do recommend moving to the newer Google auth method - sooner or later, Google is going to cut off the old one.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan brendan commented ·

Ah, wait - the issue is actually why the Google account is still linked. You actually unlinked it from the other title (https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/B171/players/656809E398CAE424/event-history). I'll have the team investigate.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.