question

kevin-4 avatar image
kevin-4 asked

Player password reset email customization

Is there a way to customize the text of the password reset email that players receive without using an Email Template? I have web hosting and my own SMTP server, but would rather not set up my own password recovery page and everything else that will be needed if I go the route of what's described here: https://blog.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/using-email-templates-to-send-an-account-recovery-email

I've seen the standard email that PlayFab currently sends out to Players (shown in a screenshot here: https://community.playfab.com/questions/5148/player-account-password-reset-email-not-reflecting.html) and would like to change just a few things like the sender's name (Change from PlayFab to my company) and add an extra line to the body of the email. I would want PlayFab to handle the password reset on their own page still as well, instead of making my own. Is this possible? Or if we want to change the email body at all, even just a bit, we have to go the route of using email templates?

Also from the 2nd link I provided, it was mentioned that we can set the reply-to email of the standard password reset email to an address of our own. However the from email (at the time) still stayed as PlayFab's. A PF employee mentioned that the ability to change the from address will be added to the backlog. Has this functionality been implemented yet?

EDIT: And even if we do have to use email templates, is there a way to insert the link to PlayFab's password reset page instead of inserting one to our own domain? That way I can customize the email body how I want, but still ultimately pass off to PlayFab to handle the password resetting.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, but the purpose of the customization system was to allow you to have a personalized experience for players, so that everything is themed how you need it for your game. So, customization of the email, the From field, etc., is all part of the new email template system, but yes, it does require using your own landing page.

We'll provide more options for simple changes to the emails in a future update, but the template system is the way to go, for now.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.