question

madmojoman avatar image
madmojoman asked

500 Internal Server Error?

When I process PlayFabClientAPI.Matchmake I am receiving a 500 Internal Server Error when attempting to use In-Editor Unity to connect up to my game server on PlayFab.

The server is a standalone build. I'm using 7FEE title id. I'm not receiving any logs. I haven't edited anything on the command line arguments for the build settings except adding in "-logFile <log_file_path>" because it's a Unity server. (Using the PlayFab Custom Game Server.) It works fine when I run the server locally and set the client to IsLocalNetwork. On the server I'm not setting GameBuildVersion, GameMode, or PlayFab Api Endpoint (because I saw on someone else's question this wasn't necessary).

In the Matchmake call I haven't changed it to send anything other than BuildVersion, GameMode, and Region. (On a previous attempt I had an issue with the GameMode not being found, but I fixed that and now it moves past that point to receive this 500 Internal Server Error.)

On the server, I have no "Is Custom Log File", "Log File Path", or "Output Files Directory" in the ServerSettingsData object script. Would this mean that no log files would be created if I don't add in some text to these? Or do I need to update the Command Line Arguments on the Multiplayer -> Builds tab on PlayFab site? Because I've just left those alone assuming things handle themselves.

Any ideas?

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
madmojoman avatar image
madmojoman answered

I just noticed a typo on the name of my game server "gamerserver" instead of "gameserver". Uploading a new build and checking it out with proper name.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

madmojoman avatar image madmojoman commented ·

Yup, that seemed to be the issue. You can delete this question if you want. I'm not certain how, but will look for an option here after this. =) Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.