question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Change my email address

Question from a developer:

I've created an account in PlayFab using a general-purpose email we have for my team (something like dev@companyname.com), but I want to change that to my own email address, and have that be the admin for the studio. I tried changing my email address in the My Profile tab, but it looks like that doesn't work. What do I need to do?

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - the email address is the primary identifier for the account, so you cannot change it. To have your own email address be on an account which is an admin of the studio, all you need to do is to add that account via the "Studio user" option on the main dashboard, and select the "Make user an admin on this studio" option. After accepting that invitation, you can then use the same checkbox to remove the studio admin option from the old account, if necessary.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.