question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

Summary of inventory items owned

What would be the recommended way to build out a summary of items owned?

In my game, every time you kill a monster, there's a small (0.01%) chance to find a card unique to that monster.

I want to build out a report to see how many people own each card, to see if I need to adjust the rates, etc. Also, it'd be useful in the future to figure out if someone is hacking to find way more cards than they should be. Finally it'd just be interesting to know this information.

I'm imagining something like:

[long_sword_item: 3]

[short_sword_item: 7]

[potion: 24]

even better if we could have the actual PlayFabIds if we clicked the number, but I realize that could be quite computationally expensive the more I think about it...

In-Game EconomyPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, everything you're describing is specifically why we made Snowflake available. Our Snowflake data contains all the events for your game for its lifetime. That allows you to easily write a query to look for the number of any/all items you've granted/sold to players, how many they've consumed, the specific IDs of the users, etc. And Snowflake lets you use a number of visualization tools, like Tableau and Looker, to assist with this.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Thanks - that sounds perfect. Seems like Snowflake may be worth investing the time to set up - we've just been a little intimidated by it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.