question

dan avatar image
dan asked

Editing SharedGroupData in the back end renders it irretrievable with Server.GetSharedGroupData

Hi there.

I have noticed something strange with SharedGroupData.

When I manually edit a SharedGroupData item in the back end, I can no longer retrieve it with Server.GetSharedGroupData.

I have tested this on a few items and the results are consistent.

Repro steps...

• Create a SharedGroupData item (either programatically from CloudScript or in the back end)
  • Retrieve with Server.GetSharedGroupData -> Success!
  • Edit a key's value in the SharedGroupData in the back end
  • Retrieve with Server.GetSharedGroupData -> Fail 1088: InvalidSharedGroupID

Is this a problem in the back end?

Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,
Dan

Shared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks, I've reproduced the issue locally, and opened a bug on it. For now, please do not edit Shared Group Data via the Game Manager, as there's clearly an issue with that code path. We'll get this fixed, as well as investigate and patch however it got past our automated testing.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dan avatar image dan commented ·

Jolly good. Great to know I am not crazy! :D

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan dan commented ·

Okay, the fix for this has been deployed and I've tested it in my own title - you should be good to go, but let us know if you see any other issues.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.