question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

Get monthly & daily active user count?

screenshot-11-6-2017-2-32-10-pm.png

Is it possible to get the monthly & daily active user count for a title?

The information is readily available in the Dashboard, e.g. attached

I would like to display this information in-game.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The information is available in your reports (Analytics->Reports), but it's not available for download by clients. What is the specific feature you're trying to enable and what is the behavior you're looking for exactly? For example, those reports are generated once daily. Is that what you're looking to show, or are you trying to display realtime information on DAU/MAU?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Currently, our online counter just says like "75 online", but sometimes during off-peak hours, it will only be like 20 online. I thought it'd be cool to say something like "20 online, 750 today, 5,000 this month" to feel like there is more activity. I believe other games do this, such as Dota 2.

Thus, updating once per day is perfectly fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

For realtime numbers on connected players, I'd recommend using Photon (https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/current/reference/appandlobbystats#application_statistics). For a once-per-day update of your DAU/MAU counts, you would need to copy that from your report, but you could do that in an automated way, using https://api.playfab.com/documentation/admin/method/GetDataReport.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.