question

henrykobutra avatar image
henrykobutra asked

Leaderboard of friends per level?

Hi Devs,

TL;DR I'm trying to implement a leader board system like candy crush.

So, per level basis, I'd like to display how my friends are doing, if I beat them, if they beat me, etc.

Is that something your platform supports out of the box? Any suggestions on how to approach this?

Cheers,

H

Leaderboards and StatisticsFriends
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

henrykobutra avatar image henrykobutra commented ·

Oh and I'm planning on having 100's of levels. Like a series of mini games. Game progression is gonna be something like TWO DOTS.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, you can use https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/GetFriendLeaderboard to get the scores for your friends. And since all the statistics for each player can be returned as part of the profile data (Settings->Client Profile Options), you could get that info with one API call.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

henrykobutra avatar image henrykobutra commented ·

Wow @Brendan, you're a legend, I was expecting an answer from you since I see you everywhere in this forum, but didn't expect it this fast.

Anyway, some follow up questions:

- So does this mean I need to create 100's of "statistics" for 100's of levels in order to achieve this? (since every level is having a different level of difficulty)

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan henrykobutra commented ·

Basically statistics and leaderboards are 1-to-1. So if you need to track on a bunch of stats, and you want each to be a leaderboard, then yes, you would need to add them as statistics.

0 Likes 0 ·
henrykobutra avatar image henrykobutra brendan commented ·

Thanks @Brendan, hopefully last question. Is there a limit on leaderboards/statistics? Am I correct that there's only one stat per leaderboard?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.