question

Martin L avatar image
Martin L asked

What API do I use to find all store id's in a given catalog because GetStoreItems requires the store id?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There isn't a query for all stores in a catalog currently, as the intent of the original design was that since you can override the store used based on the player segment, it wouldn't make sense to provide the client with the list of all stores (potentially revealing info they shouldn't have). And, simply put, no one had asked for it until now, so we don't have one in the Server API. I'd suggest adding a Feature Request for this, so that we can track on how many 'likes' it gets (for purposes of prioritization).

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin L avatar image Martin L commented ·

I was more hoping for this in the Admin API, so I can do something like downloading the JSON for all of the stores on the catalog page in the game manager in an automated fashion. How does the game manager tool find the stores in a particular catalog?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Martin L commented ·

Ah, I see - the difference is that with the catalog query, there's a Primary catalog version, so that can be returned by default if no version is specified. The same is not true of stores, so you do need to know your store IDs, or use the Game Manager, at the moment.

The Game Manager makes use of some core service calls that aren't available in the APIs at the moment (including for PlayStream Action setup, for example). We'll be working on making sure that all the things you can configure in PlayFab have Admin API calls in future updates - fundamentally, we agree with the notion that those API calls should exist.

For now, I'd have to recommend tracking on the names of your stores separately, so that you can read and update them in an automated manner.

0 Likes 0 ·
matthew-1 avatar image matthew-1 commented ·

FWIW this would also be a very helpful feature for me! @Martin L did you end up making or finding a Feature Request for this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Julius Hipolito avatar image Julius Hipolito commented ·

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but has there been any feature request made for this?

Using BattleUnicorns Uploader as a base, I am able to use API's to 'get' all title environment data from one title and push it to another.

Store data is currently blocking me from fully automating title migration. I'd like the source retrieval step to require no knowledge of existing store ids to fetch for.

End goal is to require less time to push a Production Title environment data down to a Dev/Sandbox title for feature testing.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Julius Hipolito commented ·

Thanks for adding a Feature Request for this (https://community.playfab.com/idea/28988/add-admin-api-to-retrieve-all-store-ids-for-a-spec.html, for others).

Just so you know, we are planning on adding a "snapshot" capability to the service later this year (no solid date yet) that will allow you to capture the complete configuration info for a title, so that you can push that onto another title in your studio.

1 Like 1 ·
Julius Hipolito avatar image Julius Hipolito brendan commented ·

This is great to hear! :p The web based migration tool I worked on is already receiving good feedback from the studio, minus the caveat with Store data.

I look forward to the official implementation!

Fingers crossed...

• Downloadable snapshots in JSON?
    • This would be great for being able to diff changes between two environments.
    • Allowing for easy approvals.
    • Allowing us to create a script to update the production environment one we are ready to roll out.
  • APIs for snapshots to grab the JSON?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.