question

tombatsford avatar image
tombatsford asked

Json string returned from "PlayFabClientApi.GetUserInventory" parsing incorrectly. And account deletion issues.

Hi, i am getting the following error when attempting to retrieve a players inventory with the client GetUserInventory API call:

"PlayFab/json.lua:170: invalid number \'12DC\"\' at line 1 col 1";

The json string returned from the call to our Http class is prefixed with "12DC\",\". Is there something that causes this to be returned this way?

I then tried to delete the player i am using for development to test if that solves the issue for now, but since doing that i am getting "the account has been deleted" error 1322, and i cannot test if it has worked, is there a way to resolve this for development purposes without having to switch steam accounts? ( I am using the log in with steam API calls )

Thanks

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tombatsford avatar image tombatsford commented ·

"The account has been marked for deletion" Is the error message sorry.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, when you delete a player, it is queued for deletion, as clearing all associated data for it is non-trivial. So, if we were to try to clean up all a player's data at once and a lot of player deletion calls were made around the same time, that could cause problems for live titles - something we strictly guard against.

We recently also added title deletion, so we're seeing more player accounts being queued for deletion currently (deleting a title means first deleting all its player data), so it can take a noticeable amount of time for a player account to be cleaned up.

For the JSON error, that's not coming from the call to get the data, but rather from code that's interpreting the data. Can you provide the code snippets showing how you make the call and what you do with the data returned?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.