question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

PUN cloud + Playfab?

Mike
started a topic on Wed, 10 June 2015 at 2:04 PM

I'm currently using PUN + cloud (https://www.exitgames.com/en/Realtime/Pricing) and am looking if Playfab can extend upon this.

1) Can I already use PUN + Playfab? I only see a documentation for turn based or a self-hosted Loadbalancer api.

2) Do the webhooks work on PUN cloud yet?

3) When registering for the premium playfab account, are PUN cloud costs included? (Unlimited PUN cloud CCU?)

4) Under servers I understand that my test account has access to 1 test server. What kind of server is this? (PUN cloud realtime?)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

1 Comment
Brendan Vanous said on Wed, 10 June 2015 at 5:35 PM

Hi Mike,

The partnership between PlayFab and Exit Games is such that any title which is signed up for the Premium tier has access to the Photon Cloud services as part of our DAU cost. There's nothing in either PUN or PlayFab which would prevent a title from using both. However, they would really be operating as separate technologies, since (to answer your #2) the Exit Games team hasn't added webhooks for PUN.

So, to walk through your questions:

1) Can I already use PUN + Playfab? I only see a documentation for turn based or a self-hosted Loadbalancer api.

Yes. We specifically documented using webhooks with Photon Turnbased, as it had the most complete webhook implementation at that time.

2) Do the webhooks work on PUN cloud yet?

Exit Games hasn't announced plans to provide webhooks in PUN that we've seen, but you should contact them directly (developer@exitgames.com) if you'd like to get more information on this.

3) When registering for the premium playfab account, are PUN cloud costs included? (Unlimited PUN cloud CCU?)

The PlayFab Premium tier DAU cost covers the use of Photon Realtime, Photon Turnbased, and Photon Chat. When you're looking at the PUN CCU costs, that's really the Photon Realtime cost (note that the PUN one-time fee includes the 100 CCU Photon Realtime license, and then look at the monthly pricing). So yes, it's effectively also included.

We're also able to host your Photon Server builds, and we cover your CCU costs for that, as well. The actual server host costs are passed on with a 10% markup to cover our costs for operations, monitoring, and maintenance.

Complete information is available on our pricing page, here: https://playfab.com/pricing

4) Under servers I understand that my test account has access to 1 test server. What kind of server is this? (PUN cloud realtime?)

This is for fully custom game servers, whether created using Photon Server or your own custom code. Photon Realtime and Turnbased servers (as well as Chat) are already covered as part of the Photon Cloud.

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.