question

andrearossini avatar image
andrearossini asked

Allow non-unique display name

Hi,

I'm writing to understand better. Has it any side-effect? I mean, overing the option with muose it only say that I no longer will be able to search user with GetAccountInfo passing display name as parameters. And that's ok.

It can create others side effects?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Andrea

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

In short, making the Title Display Name non-unique means that everyone in the game could use the same one. So the difference is that the Title Display Name cannot be used for any form of search, if you make it non-unique. That includes the GetAccountInfo call, as well as the search box in the Players tab in the Game Manager.

8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andrearossini avatar image andrearossini commented ·

Thank you, Just one doubt: if we tick 'Allow non-unique' when we search a user in 'Players' tab writing the display name, will we continue to view all result that can match with that name or the algorithm will return empty result?

We use it to search for user when they, for some reasons, lose thiers accounts (ex. change the vendor id on iOS or any other bug that comes out).

The GetAccountInfo is not a problem for us. We never use it with Display Name.

Andrea

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andrearossini commented ·

No, that's what I meant above by "as well as the search box in the Players tab in the Game Manager". If you set "allow non-unique" for title display names, they cannot be used for search via API calls or the Game Manager.

0 Likes 0 ·
xindazeng avatar image xindazeng brendan commented ·

Is this still true? Cause out title has been set to allow non-unique title display names, and for sure we can search by display name inside Game Manager. However, API calls won't work. Could you explain why this is happening?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.