question

starkgaminginc avatar image
starkgaminginc asked

Unreal Blueprint - Client/Server Plugin

If I used the dual client & server plugin for a SINGLE UE4 project but keep all my server code/secret key in a single blueprint that is only used by the dedicated server (does not get packaged with client) - would this allow me to use this plugin properly or will I still run in to issues?

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you're 100% confident that you're not sending the Secret Key out to players in your packaged game files, what other issues are you concerned about? There aren't any compatibility issues with having both Client and Server calls in a single project.

We would, of course, still advise you to have a completely separate project for the game, as we have no way to guarantee that your project doesn't include the Secret Key otherwise.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

starkgaminginc avatar image starkgaminginc commented ·

Perfect! I just wanted to verify there wasn't any known compatibility issues I might run in to down the road. I have been testing both methods (single project / two projects) and the workflow is just simply better with one project.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.