question

beernaertsjohnny avatar image
beernaertsjohnny asked

Issue with new version and PlayfabSharedSettings

I am developing an android game using Unity. After updating the apk ( distributed via play store ) most of the users get this error :

Exception : Either Missing PlayfabSharedSettings data file or multiple data files exist.

Reinstalling the game fixes the issue but I can't ask all the player base to reinstall the game after an update.

More information :
- This error only appear on android device, not in the unity editor
- I"m using Unity 2017.2

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

Hey beernaertsjohnny,

I don't think we have enough information to really understand why this error has happened to you. It sounds like you've upgrade the SDK to a new version from a very outdated version. Or maybe you upgraded the version of unity to the latest 2017.2.

What steps recently did you do that could have caused this issue? Any additional information might help us identify the cause.

You typically get this error message when there is more than one PlayFabSharedSettings scriptable object in the project or that file is missing ( just as the error message suggests ). The only way that file can be deleted is from the following scenarios:

1. File was manually deleted.

2. SDK Was upgraded from a very old version of the SDK to a new version.

3. Was checked in to a repository from a PC, modified and checked in on a Mac, and then re-downloaded from a PC. ( We have seen reports of this duplicating the file ).

Let us know if there is any additional information you can provide about your issue and we will look into it further.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

beernaertsjohnny avatar image beernaertsjohnny commented ·

I did none of the 3 scenarios. But after updating Unity to 2017.2 and the PlayFab SDK to the latest version everything is back on track.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.