question

tombatsford avatar image
tombatsford asked

Are limits based on a single session or continuous?

I am currently working on a system to handle staying within the limits for character data updates and i was wondering if the limits are continuous or are based on individual sessions / log ins, specifically in regards to character data, but also the rest of the api limits.

The reason i ask is that I will need to know how often character data has been changed when a user signs into their playfab account so that we don't exceed limits due to players starting the game and closing it multiple times and updating character data.

Thanks!
Tom

limitsCharacter Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It depends upon the specific limit you're referring to, so if you can provide more details, that would be best.

But since it sounds like you mean API call rate limits specifically, the answer is that it's based on IP Address at the moment. But as long as your title is doing the right thing - sign in, store the Session Ticket, only call login again when the Session Ticket has expired, and (of course), not exceed the rate limits - you shouldn't have any issues. A player restarting the app should be irrelevant, in that case.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tombatsford avatar image tombatsford commented ·

I am referring to updating character read only data using the server API.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan tombatsford commented ·

Could you go into more detail on the specifics of the updates? Would this be via Cloud Script or a custom game server? How often do you want to be able to save that data?

0 Likes 0 ·
tombatsford avatar image tombatsford brendan commented ·

Certainly can, I have set up a system that allows us to apply changes as often as possible (if need be, which is very unlikely) to character data without exceeding the update character data limits of 60 updates per hour. I am updating the data via a cloud script call from the client and then using the server UpdateCharacterReadOnlyData API call from within the cloudscript. So i am wondering if the limits reset to 0 when the client logs in or if they continue between sessions, for example if i update the data this way over 60 times within an hour but the client logs into playfab twice within the hour calling the cloudscript 31 times each log in, would the limits be exceeded? I am imagining they will be, but i just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.