question

mattiaferrari avatar image
mattiaferrari asked

Is the free tier available for XboxOne?

If I keep my game under the limits of the free plan, can I use PlayFab on XboxOne for free, or I have to pay for the professional plan anyway?

pricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry for the silence, but we had to do some testing to confirm our options with AnswerHub.

Up to this point we've said it's pro only. Owing to the fact that we're restricted by the platform owners from having any technical information on console development anywhere public, all support has had to be private (and certain setup steps have to be private regardless). But a big reason we have the essentials tier (and now the indie tier) is so that indies can ship their games with a reliable, full-featured backend, so that they can themselves "level up" their business to the point where they can afford to be part of the pro tier (and have an SLA and private support, in addition to the increased limits). And since the consoles have come a long way towards helping indies as well (ID@Xbox in particular), it makes sense for us to have private forum spaces where we can support console developers without violating our middleware license agreement.

So, short version - yes, the essentials (free) and indie tiers are options for console developers.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mattiaferrari avatar image mattiaferrari commented ·

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.