question

SL Tech avatar image
SL Tech asked

Change/Reset password issue

Hi,

Once the player is created, I've been trying to change the password. Neither from the GameManager nor the Reset email are working. The old password is also not working anymore so the user account is unusable.

Any pointers are much appreciated.

Thanks

game manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I'm able to change passwords in my test title without issue - what is the Title ID you're using and the PlayFab ID of the account you're having trouble with?

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

SL Tech avatar image SL Tech commented ·

The same issue with any title in our studio. You may use 9162 for testing. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan SL Tech commented ·

I just changed the password on PlayFab ID A1FE5237F0D650A8 to "AbC12345" and saw no issue. I was also able to log into that player account using its email address and that password. What specifically happens when you try changing the password?

0 Likes 0 ·
SL Tech avatar image SL Tech brendan commented ·

Thanks for checking Brendan.

From within the game, logging in with that user and the updated password, here's the API message I see:

PlayFabError(InvalidEmailOrPassword, Invalid email address or password, 401 Unauthorized)

var loginRequest = new LoginWithEmailAddressRequest {

Email = email.text.ToLower (),
            Password = password.text,
            InfoRequestParameters = new GetPlayerCombinedInfoRequestParams {
                GetUserAccountInfo = true
            }
        };

PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithEmailAddress (loginRequest

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
SL Tech avatar image
SL Tech answered

Thanks for the pointer, Brendan.

I was using NGUI password UIInput field and was sending the UILabel value. This worked just fine so far.

Once the password on the account was changed, the above no longer worked. I changed it to send the plain text value from the UIInput.value and it worked for the updated password.

var loginRequest = new LoginWithEmailAddressRequest {
            Email = email.text.ToLower (),
            Password = passwordInput.value
        };

Something about the UIInput asterix'ing the password was affecting the Playfab call.

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Interesting - and good to know, thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.