question

elielibitton avatar image
elielibitton asked

hi this player (3DDF0F6E83CF6CA7) is getting a lot of points but not updateing in leaderboard while other's are?

hi this player (3DDF0F6E83CF6CA7) is getting a lot of points but not updateing in leaderboard while other's are?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you clarify a) how you're updating the statistic, and b) how you're checking the leaderboard? All updates to statistics update the leaderboard, bar none. It is the case that if you query the leaderboard immediately after the update (less than a second), the leaderboard may not be updated for the player's new score yet.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

elielibitton avatar image elielibitton commented ·

Thanks for your reply, My app is called "wedgie go" and when u play it and avoid obstacles.. u get points.. now when u get out so automatically the amount of points u win gets saved his the leaderboard I created with you. But it's not showing the results from my phone update, but when I play the game with other users it does show.

A)by playing game. B)checking it on the game, by pressing leaderboard option, normally it should update straight away with other phones why doesn't it updates straight away with my phone? It used too suddenly stopped. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan elielibitton commented ·

Sorry, but you're going to have to provide specifics of the API calls you're making and the responses you're getting. We have no control over how your client application is using or displaying the data, so we need to disentangle the two, to determine what the issue is that you're seeing. What are the details of the API calling pattern when you update and query stats? Is it possible you're querying for the leaderboard immediately after posting a new score?

Also, I noticed that you have turned on the permission to allow clients to post statistics in your title. Just so you know, that's quite dangerous, if you have a competitive leaderboard, as it means a hacked client could post anything it wanted to as a score - that's specifically why that option is off by default.

0 Likes 0 ·
elielibitton avatar image elielibitton commented ·

Ok thanks for info, I'm the client, my developer who set it up will be back on Monday, I'll speak to him about issue, and see what he says, and I'll get back to you then, Thanks for help.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.