question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

ReportDeviceInfo getting a NotAuthorizedByTitle error

Without making any changes (to my knowledge), many players are receiving the following error:

OnGatherFail: Action not authorized by title

UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)

PlayFab.Internal.PlayFabDeviceUtil:OnGatherFail(PlayFabError) (at Assets/ThirdParty/PlayFabSDK/Client/PlayFabDeviceUtil.cs:82)

PlayFab.Internal.<MakeApiCall>c__AnonStoreyEE:<>m__4F4(String) (at Assets/ThirdParty/PlayFabSDK/Shared/Internal/PlayFabHttp/PlayFabWWW.cs:116)

PlayFab.Internal.<Post>c__Iterator17:MoveNext() (at Assets/ThirdParty/PlayFabSDK/Shared/Internal/PlayFabHttp/PlayFabWWW.cs:177)

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

What is causing this and how can we fix it?

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

Thanks for reporting this issue.

What is your title ID?

Have you used the API Access Policy to disable some API methods?

[UPDATE] When enabled, the client automatically makes a call to "ReportDeviceInfo" which gives you information about what kind of devices your players are using. Your API policy has disabled this call, but your title settings are still set to make the call.

We need to make some fixes on our side to finish this feature, but for now, you need to enable that method in your API policy.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

My title ID is 9092.

Is that the same as this?

https://blog.playfab.com/blog/permission-policies

I have some permission policies set up, but I never touched anything with PlayFabDeviceUtil.

I think the errors may have been caused largely in part by the AWS outage earlier; however, looking at the dashboard I still see a few reports of this.

0 Likes 0 ·
1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Yes, the doc and the blog are referencing the same feature.

Your API policy is blocking a currently-undocumented API call named "ReportDeviceInfo".

It was our hope to make this magic and invisible, so it just works for you, but clearly with API policies, we can't do that. I'm going to make this API visible, but you need to add a new policy that enables the client call "ReportDeviceInfo".

The error has not been caused by any AWS outage, as it's a configuration error for your client policy, which our documentation doesn't make clear to you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) 1807605288 ♦ commented ·

Thanks - I went ahead and added ReportDeviceInfo to my API policy. Yeah that was pretty confusing, since I never actually call ReportDeviceInfo - seems like some internal PlayFab code that calls it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.