question

fazri avatar image
fazri asked

500 Server Error when making multiple IAP purchases with receipt validation

I have only been able to test this in Sandbox mode so far but we seem to be getting a 500 error when we try and make consecutive IAP purchases with receipt validation. If I wait a few moments and try again it works but if its back to back it doesn't.

Any idea how to address this issue or is it a Sandbox only issue?

Thanks!

apissdks
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fazri avatar image fazri commented ·

To clarify this is on iOS

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you clarify the specifics of the test? If you're not waiting on the response to the receipt validation call before making another, then yes, I could see that being an issue. If not, can you provide the details on the Title ID and PlayFab ID you're using for the test?

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fazri avatar image fazri commented ·

Yes, I am waiting on a response before trying again. This occurs only if I purchase the same iOS IAP again. Example, I buy a 1.99 coin pack, it completes and I send a receipt to be validated, it passes and I credit the user. If I then attempt to do it again, the IAP passes but receipt validation gives me the 500 error, if I wait for 30 - 60 seconds and try it again it will succeed with no problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan fazri commented ·

Wait - what do you mean when you say you "credit the user"? You shouldn't be doing anything other than passing us the receipt and currency code+price. We take care of adding the correct item to the player account from your game catalog. What Title ID is this, and what's the item ("product ID" in the Google/Apple receipt) are you purchasing?

0 Likes 0 ·
fazri avatar image fazri brendan commented ·

Using another system to handle user inventory outside of playfab inventory system. Just using playfab for receipt verification.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.