question

devisrossini avatar image
devisrossini asked

Unlink afftect multiple titles

Hi,

I've registered a strange behaviour. Actually we have two titles (one used for tests and one for our released game).

I had a profile linked with my Facebook account on both games. Using our test title (1CE2) I've launched an UnlinkFacebook command (user id: BEC163758F916B1A). This command has been registered in Event History (timestamp: 2017-10-16T19:35:29.0581413Z).

The strange thing is that at the same timestamp (2017-10-16T19:35:29.0631407Z) an unlink has been executed also on my profile in our released title (DF60). Here the user id was the same (BEC163758F916B1A).

It seems to be a bug, can you confirm?

Thanks,

Devis

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Montana Tuska avatar image
Montana Tuska answered

I think you're missing something crucial about the "publisher" level of PlayFab. Player accounts created within the realm of your PlayFab account exist across all of your games. So your player account on the released game is the SAME account on the test game. Maybe I missed something, but I believe this is the expected behaviour.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's correct - the core of the player account, the part where login credentials live, is at the Publisher ID level, which is shared across your titles (by default, all titles in a studio share a Publisher ID). Since unlinking credentials from the account impacts all titles, and since the player profile is built from PlayStream events, the event must be sent to all titles in the Publisher ID.

2 comments
10 |1200

Montana Tuska avatar image Montana Tuska commented ·

Shoot, you ninja'd me.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.