question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

What causes the StatisticUpdateInProgress error?

Question from a developer:

I am trying to manually reset leaderboards with the admin API and occasionally I am getting StatisticUpdateInProgress error. Can anyone tell me what this means exactly or how I can avoid it?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That specific error (StatisticUpdateInProgress) is returned if the statistic in question is currently locked due to a statistic definition update being in progress. So you should really only see this on a call to reset a statistic or update its definition if another call (or timed reset) to do so is taking place. If you're seeing something else, can you please post the details of the repro, so that we can have a look (Title ID, Statistic ID, API calls made, time of the test)?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dean Loades avatar image Dean Loades commented ·

I can't think of anything that should be calling that at the same time, but I am calling IncrementPlayerStatisticVersion on three leaderboards one after the other from cloudscript using http.request(). I assume these requests happen synchronously?

Could the close proximity of these calls cause that?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.