question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

Does PlayFab's NewRelic addon still work?

I recall reading in some places it was broken by the business model change. Just wanted to get the most up to date information before I dive in head first.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - when NewRelic removed their free tier, they disabled the endpoints used by our integration. We looked into updating for their changes, but the feedback we got from the developers who'd been using NewRelic up to that point was that their new pricing model wasn't acceptable, but there wasn't a good reason to invest the time in the update. If we get enough feedback from folks who are interested in paying NewRelic's current rates, we'll look into this again.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Thanks for the context. Do you have any recommendations for alternatives?

Even if it's a much simpler alternative, just having some basic performance insights might be helpful.

If not, np!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Your best bet for now is detailed logging, so that you can review performance along with info on the specifics of what the server is actually doing. Technically, the 9xxx port range is available, so you could conceivably use something like 99xx (depending on how many instances your configuration is set to run on a server), so you could use those ports (along with a key exchange, for security) to provide a way to connect to query the server for info directly. Granted, that would be querying each instance separately, but it would still serve to get you overall performance info.

We do plan to add in another server monitoring option later on, but I don't have a date I can share for that just yet.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.