question

dan avatar image
dan asked

Can I get a list of all the Shared Group Data groups a user is part of?

Hi there.

I am using Shared Group Data to persist turn-based multiplayer games.

In order to retrieve a list of active games, I need to know all the data sets that the user is a member of.

I couldn't find anything in the API reference. Does such a function exist? And if not, how would I go about getting this info? Would I have to store it in a separate user data entry? (That sounds a bit risky to me).

Thanks,

Dan

Shared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Joshua Strunk avatar image
Joshua Strunk answered

Short answer: no

You can either ID your SGD buckets in a very regular/standard pattern or you save the IDs, as you have already suggested.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dan avatar image
dan answered

Thanks. I actually think Photon has a function that handles this kind of info retrieval (or somethign similar).

10 |1200

Douglas Winning avatar image
Douglas Winning answered

Hello, has there been an update to this? I am also starting out making a turn based game with PlayFab and my use case is this:

1) User creates a new game with himself (Player1) and Player 2

2) A New Shared Group Data is created with Player 1 and Player 2 as members

How can I tell Player 2 that they have been added to a Shared Group Data when they sign in?

Thanks,

Doug

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.