question

heath avatar image
heath asked

Was the "CloudScript execution API requests issued" limit raised to 15?

Was the "CloudScript execution API requests issued" limit raised to 15?

It seems to have gone from 3 to 15 in all of my projects. If so, Awesome and Thank you! This will get me out of a bind...

-h

CloudScriptlimits
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, you're looking at two different limits. The limit on the number of API calls that can be made in a Cloud Script execution pass is 15 if the script was launched via ExecuteCloudScript. It's 3 for scripts launched from PlayStream Actions (as those can be triggered much more frequently).

10 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pdaz avatar image pdaz commented ·

It was 120 API calls few months ago, then you limited it by 50 API calls, but yesterday it became only 25. And there is no option to change the plan. I need at least 50 API calls for my scripts, because I made them when limit was 120.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan pdaz commented ·

Actually, it has never been 120 or 50 API calls. What you're likely seeing is an artifact of the fact that when we turned on strict enforcement of our limits, we first checked the usage of all live titles and gave them "grandfather" exceptions that let them continue to use the resource levels they were using at that time. We did that specifically to prevent breaking any titles (and we then worked with anyone with high MAU to get their usage level down closer to the actual limit, to prevent issues in the service). But from that point forward, all new titles had the correct limits set. If you need a higher level of API calls than is normally possible, I would recommend one of two routes:

1. Custom game servers. In addition to the API call limit, Cloud Script is limited in total runtime, so that many API calls runs the risk of timing out the script.

2. For pro tier, you can work with us on private vertical servers for the additional load.

In both cases though, that's predicated on our being able to support your calling pattern, so I'd recommend starting with the details of that, so that we can review.

0 Likes 0 ·
pdaz avatar image pdaz brendan commented ·

My script timing is below 5 seconds (about 1 second actually) and I need at least 50 API calls per one Cloudscript execution. I use it in 3 cases:

1. Getting clan members data (name and last login) - clan can be up to 50 members.

2. Recalculating clans leaderboard every hour.

3. Reseting clans leaderboard every month.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.