question

julientonsuso avatar image
julientonsuso asked

[UE4] Blueprint SDK Combo Client/Server

Right now i'm using the combo version of the SDK, i understand that when i package the client i should'nt include any server related stuff for security reasons.

Is it possible to package the client while using the ignore folder and exclude maps that are related to server stuff so i can avoid creating a duplicate of the project ?

sdks
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

julientonsuso avatar image julientonsuso commented ·

Also there inside Settings > Engine > Cooker there is class that can be excluded from the dedicated server / client (the picture uploader is not working for me i will try to add a picture of this menu later)

But if you have time to check it out, would you mind telling me if this would solve the security issues if setup correctly ?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The key is that you need to ensure that the Secret Key is never exposed to anyone outside your development key. Which means it should never be part of any build that is sent out to players. While it certainly is possible to set up your build to exclude that data, if you're not 100% confident in that in your build, I would have to recommend not using both SDKs in your project.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.