question

hohngllc avatar image
hohngllc asked

Is it possible to rename player stats?

Hi. Now that I've more or less figured out how to look up player stats as leaderboards I need to remove/rename the stats to what they need to be in the final version of the game but I'm finding that it is not possible to remove/rename stats. Is this something I must ask an admin to do? Am I supposed to ask an admin to remove the game so I can start with a new one? What if the game I'm currently working in has subscription payments activated? Would removing said game remove the subscription payments? I would to know how I should proceed. Thank you.

Leaderboards and Statistics
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hohngllc avatar image hohngllc commented ·

Sorry. I meant to say I would like to know how I should proceed. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, but the "name" of the statistic is actually its ID, so that's a fixed value. But the question is, why do you need to rename it? The string used as the ID is irrelevant as far as the game is concerned - you can display it as anything you like.

We'll be providing a way to delete statistics in a future update (unfortunately, they're wound through several systems), but for now, I'd just re-map those to the names you want to use in the game.

I'm not sure what you mean concerning subscriptions, though - we have processing of receipts containing subscriptions on iOS and Android in beta right now, and we'll be releasing that to everyone soon, but if you're doing some custom processing to track subscriptions right now, I can't see how changing the Title ID would have any relevance to that. Can you clarify?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dale Strickler avatar image Dale Strickler commented ·

Any progress on the delete in the last 3 years? Do you all have an issue tracker that is public where we can watch things like this? I would really like delete or a rename! Previous developers created 'test' leaderboards that do not have "test" names. Their names are very confusing minor variations on real leardeboard names. It gets quite confusing.

0 Likes 0 ·
hohngllc avatar image
hohngllc answered

Hello and thank you for the response. To clarify, the question about subscriptions was in regards to "The Istrys" game in my "Working" studio. Currently "The Istrys" has its player stats limit increased to 500 and the subscription I mentioned was the recurring automatic payment for that limit increase for that game. I was basically asking if I requested that "The Istrys" game be deleted if that recurring automatic payment would be deleted along with the game as well since recurring payments seem to be tied to individual games rather than my account as a whole. Sorry I wasn't being clear. It's sometimes hard to know how to put something exactly when I'm still new to the system.

As for the reason for wanting to change stat names, I am currently using a series of sequential numbers as stat names in Playfab and remapping them inside my code to what they correspond to in my game which is perfectly fine within the confines of my code. It's just that it occurred to me the other day that the stats should have been named identifying code plus sequential numbers instead because it would then be possible to know what a stat inside Playfab's website maps to inside my code more easily without having to look up what the numeric name maps to every time because I don't usually know off the top of my head which stat the numeric name represents. It's a minor productivity issue which I was hoping might be resolvable but when I found out that I don't seem to be able to do this then I though maybe I need to start from scratch with a new game or the other game I already have that is blank. That was why I was asking about deleting a game and what that means for "subscriptions" when I really meant recurring payments for stat limit increase and etc. I'm sorry I am still new to all this terminology and unable to communicate more clearly. I hope I made better sense this time around. Thank you and I'll look forward to your response.

3 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

No worries - unfortunately, the problem right now is that we do not provide a way to delete stats or titles. We will be rolling our title deletion soon, and stat deletion later on. But in the immediate, I can effectively kill the title's ability to make API calls and turn off the upgrade, if you need me to. If you do, just let me know the Title ID, and I'll get it shut down.

0 Likes 0 ·
hohngllc avatar image hohngllc commented ·

Hello and thank you again for the prompt response. Let me start by saying what an amazing service you have here. It's astounding how responsive and reliable it is and so many ways to build on top of too. I can see how much work and careful thought you must've put in to it and I look forward to seeing you keep up the good work since I plan on leaning in to your service in a big way going forward. Hopefully you will be able to take a breather from all the heavy lifting you must be doing to make all this happen so some usability issues could be addressed at some point but really one could not have asked for a more robust system than yours so kudos to you. I will for the moment bite the bullet and stick with the numeric numbering scheme so there is no need to change anything at this point. However, I'd like to throw in a small feature request for your web interface if you don't mind. It would be very helpful if the stats were listed in a way where leading zeroes were not necessary to see them in order. So stats 1, 2, 3, 11, and 12 would be listed in from top to bottom as "1, 2, 3, 11, 12" instead of the "1,11,12, 2, 3" the way it is now. Thank you again and keep up the good work!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan hohngllc commented ·

Thanks! The display is alphabetical in terms of sorting right now, as the stat IDs are simple strings. So it does make sense that they would appear in the 1, 11, 12, 2, 3 order. I can add a backlog request for an option to sort as if they were numbers, but it's not likely that this would bubble up high enough in the priority stack, as I've not heard this request from others (we prioritize in part based upon the number of requests across the community). Still, if you'd like to see if others like the idea, I'd recommend posting it to the Feature Requests forum.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.