question

kirk avatar image
kirk asked

Enforcing restrictions on DisplayName

I'm looking to see if there's any currently built in method to enforce certain restrictions on a player's username. There have been considerations to having clients include their own restrictions but this will not prevent hacked clients from bypassing them.

Some restrictions that I would be looking for include setting a maximum character limit smaller than the current restriction of 25, and limiting what characters can be used (limiting to lowercase alphanumeric characters, for example).

Are there currently any PlayFab tools that exist for this?

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We provide the Community Sift add-on via our marketplace, which you can use to prevent players from using offensive language in their title display names. But no, we do not currently provide a way to change the regex or length restrictions on usernames or title display names. If that's a feature you'd like to see added, I would recommend posting it to our Feature Requests forum, so that others can "like" it (to help with prioritization).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Joshua Strunk avatar image Joshua Strunk commented ·

Wouldn't adding UpdateTitleDisplayName to the server API (and thus Cloudscript) be a far more flexible solution? See

https://community.playfab.com/questions/9129/change-user-display-name-via-server-api-cloud-scri.html

1 Like 1 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Joshua Strunk commented ·

Sure, if it existed in the Server API. We do have a backlog item for that, but it's not available right now, so this would be the way to do this in the short term.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.