question

eric-1 avatar image
eric-1 asked

Is it possible to create a leaderboard by Server or Admin API ?

Hi

I need to create a leaderboard automatically via the server or admin API without setting it up manually.

Is it possible to create a leaderboard by Server or Admin API?

Eric

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, you can define statistics/leaderboards via the Admin API. But can you describe in more detail what it is you have in mind? Please bear in mind that titles are limited in terms of the total number of statistics they can have.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eric-1 avatar image eric-1 commented ·

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I need to integrate PlayFab`s leaderboard features into our platform.

Requirement:

• When registering a new game on our portal, our portal can create a leaderboard for that game via PlayFab.
  • For each game, we will set up different title Ids and developer keys to creating leaderboards
  • we will also provide an API to let developers submit scores via server APIs.

The API “CreatePlayerStatisticDefinition” seems to be a solution to create a leaderboard.

Basically, one game can only have one leaderboard(statistics).

What do you mean that titles are limited?

What is the maximum number of statistics for one developer account?

Eric

0 Likes 0 ·
eric-1 avatar image eric-1 commented ·

I answered my question as below.

1. for one game, the maximum number of the leaderboard is shown as below.

- 25 statistic names - Free

- 100 statistic names - $19.99 / 100,000 MAU

- 500 statistic names- $49.99 / 100,000 MAU

2.One developer account can create multiple games.

btw, please clarify the following two questions for me.

1. Is it possible to create a new game on PlayFab via Admin API with the same developer account?

2. What is the maximum number of games that a developer account can create?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan eric-1 commented ·

Ah, I see - so you have a platform of some sort, and want to automatically provision titles for developers? Right now, no, there isn't an API to add a Studio or Title. We'll be adding that as part of a broader goal of adding a "publisher" layer to the Game Manager in a future update. I don't have a date I can provide for that right now, so at the moment the way to do this would be either to have the developers create their their studios and titles normally in the service, and add your team as admins on them, or else to create the titles for them yourselves (if you want all the titles in your studio) and add them.

Can you describe in a bit more detail what it is you're trying to accomplish? We have a number of platform-type developers in the service now, so it's likely we'll be able to offer some advice based upon the work they've been doing.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.