question

Montana Tuska avatar image
Montana Tuska asked

Server/GetUserPublisherInternalData

Try calling Server/GetUserPublisherInternalData with any titleid as the PlayFabId, because interestingly, it returns as a success. I'd love to hear why! It amuses me.

Player Data
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Montana Tuska avatar image Montana Tuska commented ·

Haha, it actually works too. I can call UpdateUserData on a Title Id, you guys actually store the data, which I can then grab. Should probably fix that.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry, can you clarify the specifics of the call you're making? You can't make a Server API call without a Secret Key, and the Secret Key must be for the Title ID whose endpoint you're hitting.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Montana Tuska avatar image Montana Tuska commented ·

I'm simply making a standard call, title id is the title id, secret key is provided, but for the parameter "PlayFabId" I put in the TitleId again. I am able to set and get "user data" about the title id, as if it's a user.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Montana Tuska commented ·

Oh! You mean you're writing data to a player who doesn't exist, but in your own title, I see. Thanks - I'll file a bug on that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Montana Tuska avatar image Montana Tuska brendan commented ·

Yeah, you see what I mean? I can set "player data" on a TitleId itself! I'd love to hear later why that is happening.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.