question

leo-1 avatar image
leo-1 asked

Disabling login API except LoginAndroidDevice

I want to remove client access from creating the following accounts LoginWithXbox, LoginWithTwitch, LoginWithSteam, LoginWithPSN, LoginWithOpenIdConnect, LoginWithNintendoServiceAccount, LoginWithKongregate, LoginWithIOSDeviceID, LoginWithGooglePlayGamesServices, LoginWithGoogleAccount, LoginWithGameCenter, LoginWithFacebookInstantGamesId, LoginWithFacebook, LoginWithEmailAddress, LoginWithCustomID, LoginWithApple

The reasoning behind this is to prevent users from creating false accounts using these other methods, please get back to me soon.

apisCloudScriptAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

You can use API access policy to disable the Client APIs(which you don't need). For more information, you can refer to API Access Policy - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/api-references/api-access-policy) . In addition, since LoginWithAndroidDeviceID belongs to the Anonymous login mechanisms, it does not contain recoverable information about the player. If the player loses or breaks their device, the account is lost, and may be difficult to recover. So, we also recommend that you use a non-anonymous login method.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

leo-1 avatar image leo-1 commented ·

Okay, I believe this works but, I forgot to mention that I want to disable account creation, but users can still login to their account

1 Like 1 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi leo-1 commented ·

Once you have disabled the login APIs (which you do not want) through the API access policy, players will not be able to create accounts through these APIs. And even if the player has created an account before, he will not be able to log in via the disabled login API.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.