question

Luc avatar image
Luc asked

Can I use LoginWithServerCustomId to regain access to a ghost PlayFab account?

I have an account that doesn't have any Device IDs or Logins associated with it. In the PlayFab web interface, I can happily add some. Through the API I cannot, because I need to log in to Link an account. But it has no logins.

I tried adding an ID via LinkServerCustomID + LoginWithServerCustomId, but it seems the client API then doesn't recognize that session ticket as "Logged In". Because subsequent calls to LinkCustomID are met with "Must be logged in to call this method".

There is no server API for LinkCustomID, nor linking with e-mail, facebook, android or iOS.

I don't have Steam, PSN, Nintendo nor Xbox activated on the title, so I cannot use those as an intermediary either. (Believe me, I've tried faking a temp ID, but it won't accept it)

Generic ID will also not help me, because you cannot log in with it. It's for searching.

Question: is there a way to tie a client-accessible Device ID to an "empty" (ghost) PlayFab account?

apisAccount Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Luc avatar image
Luc answered

Why doesn't my formatting show up in the post above?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Luc avatar image
Luc answered

I fixed it by hacking the PlayFab internals. Thankfully this is JavaScript.

Node JS:

var loginResult = await serverRequest(titleName, "LoginWithServerCustomId", {

ServerCustomId: server_custom_id,
  TitleId: title_id,
  CreateAccount: false,
  InfoRequestParameters: {},

});

if (loginResult.SessionTicket) {

PlayFab._internalSettings.sessionTicket = PlayFab._internalSettings.sessionTicket || sessionTicket;

}

Now, subsequent calls to Client functions accept the server login token, AND ***Link calls work!

10 |1200

Luc avatar image
Luc answered

Again, what's with the formatting?

7094-image.png

image.png (29.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.