question

stankebrothersstudios avatar image
stankebrothersstudios asked

Playfab OSS not compiling

Following: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/networking/party-unreal-engine-oss-quickstart

I downloaded the most recent UE_5.3 source build and followed all the steps in the quickstart and was able to build my project with the Playfab OSS plugin in the engine. However trying to play my game in editor gives me this error: 7087-image.png

Navigating to the problem it looks like a lot of the headers are not being recognized as well:7077-image.png

unreal
image.png (20.2 KiB)
image.png (155.0 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

According to the code which located in the crash error message, the code (NativeOSS = IOnlineSubsystem::GetByPlatform(); check(NativeOSS);) is getting the online subsystem native to the current hardware. If it didn't successfully fetch NativeOSS, it may cause the project to crash. Have you followed the PlayFab Online Subsystem (OSS) Quickstart - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/networking/party-unreal-engine-oss-quickstart#game-code-base) to select the platforms and configure certain PlayFab specific values in your intended platform target's INI file (located at [yourGameDirectory]/Platforms/[yourPlatform]/Config)?

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

stankebrothersstudios avatar image stankebrothersstudios commented ·

I did follow the PlayFab Online Subsystem (OSS) Quickstart and I believe I did the right adjustments. However it was unclear to me because the file path for windows as described "[yourGameDirectory]/Config/Windows" does not exist in my project. The layout for my ue5 project looks like "[yourGameDirectory]/Config/DefaultEngine.ini" which is where I added the configured values. Is that the correct location? Because there is also platform specific INI files in the engine files

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi stankebrothersstudios commented ·

You may create a folder in yourGameDirectory’s Config folder named “Windows” and create a file in that folder named “WindowsEngine.ini”, then follow our documentation to modify this INI file and try again.

0 Likes 0 ·
stankebrothersstudios avatar image stankebrothersstudios Neils Shi commented ·

I added the new folder and INI file and the game runs now, thank you for the advice. Unfortunately that did not fix the visual studio not recognizing the headers problem and I still cannot access the playfab lobby functions. If you know what might be causing that issue then some help would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.