question

Visual Engineering AS avatar image
Visual Engineering AS asked

SMTP email verification problem

Hi, I was setup email verification rules and it was working, but suddenly user couldn't get verification email anymore.

If I check the sent_email events in the Data Explorer, it's saying "Success : true" I've already tried to reconnect google SMTP service and changed to different account.

Any ideas about it? How should I fix it? I'm attaching the part of event data

` "EventName": "sent_email", "EventNamespace": "com.playfab", "EntityType": "player", "Source": "PlayFab", "TitleId": "6E212", "EmailName": "Primary", "History": [ { "ParentEventId": "52bb8dd62438480a87a45c57a07e0f1d", "TriggeredEvents": true, "ParentTriggerId": "10198914640011748904" } ], "Language": "en", "Success": true,`

Content
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Based on the information of the event “sent_email” you provided, it looks like the email was sent successfully. As https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/engagement/emails/using-a-rule-to-verify-a-contact-email-address#requirements mentions that Gmail can only send 2,000 emails a day. If this limit is exceeded, players may not receive emails. Does the problem still exist after you reconnected to the Google SMTP service and changed to another Gmail account?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Visual Engineering AS avatar image Visual Engineering AS commented ·

yes, it's still exist after change to another Gmail account. And never exceeds 2,000 emails a day. Does it has problem from Google SMTP service ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi Visual Engineering AS commented ·

In my testing, everything worked fine (I also used the Gmail SMTP server for testing). You may double check if the player used contact email is a valid email address. In addition, you can try to call the API SendEmailFromTemplate directly and check if the player can receive the email.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.