question

info-44 avatar image
info-44 asked

How to store shared data

I am trying to make auction system in my game. But I don't know where to store data for this system. I need to store users and their bids. I can't find suitable way to store that type of data. I looked at Groups but It is way to limited to store Objects. It says 5 Objects and max 1000 byte. I can't save on player data, because Clients can't know which player bid. In Conculusion I need to store a shared data. It will be list and elemnts are will be objects. The data will change quickly so it can't be on Title data too. I am stuck at this point.

I am struggling on other situation. I need to store match results. If this result saved on each player, there will be lots of copied data saved. It should save some object in someway in playfab, then It needs to find by user in some way.

Player DataTitle DataShared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

According to your description, it seems you want to store the user’s bids as Global Variables. Currently, PlayFab doesn’t provide such feature, you may need to use some external database for it. PlayFab currently provide the inventory, purchasing system, and the feature to trade or gift items between players. But there haven’t been an open marketplace to post, browse, and claim trades. You could also post a feature request for it. --

To avoid storing match results on each player and resulting in a large amount of copied data being saved, you may need to store match result as Global Constants, though PlayFab provides Title Data which can be used as Global Constants, but the number of Title Data KVP is limit to 1,000 pairs. So, Title Data is not suitable for your needs. You may consider using some external database to store the match results to avoid data duplication.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.