question

jnicholls avatar image
jnicholls asked

Client GetSharedGroupData worked fine but Server GetSharedGroupData return invalid SharedGroupId

Hello,

When I run the client version of GetSharedGroupData with a SharedGroupId, the data returns fine but when I do the same thing with the Server version, it errors out saying invalid SharedGroupId. I have tried two different SharedGroupId, confirmed that they exist using the Shared Group Data interface in playfab. I am not sure what I am doing wrong with calling the server version or if there is a bug with Server.GetSharedGroupData in playfab.

"SharedGroupId": "B34221CC549CF8C3:Gifts"

TitleId: 1AF7

Shared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Interesting - this looks like an issue with Shared Group deletion. Basically, that Shared Group was deleted. The fact that it still showed up is what was incorrect. And, in fact, I issued a call to create that Shared Group in your title with no contents, which succeeded, and the Shared Group was "created" with all the pre-existing data. So in short, it looks like deletion isn't working correctly - I'll file a bug on that.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jnicholls avatar image jnicholls commented ·

Hello,

It seems that when editing a share group data for a player that exist using the shared group data interface causes this error. This has happened multiple times to myself and another person. We did not delete the shared group data but it seems to delete itself when we edit it. This will not affect our game since we will not be using the user interface to edit the shared group data. I just wanted to update this question to let you know so that this might be a bug.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan jnicholls commented ·

Thanks, I'll have the Game Manager owner look into this.

0 Likes 0 ·
kennyroy avatar image
kennyroy answered

I'm still getting this in postman no matter what the ID I use; even newly created groups with JUST my admin account's title_player_account ID as member:

Title 55045

Request:
{
  "SharedGroupId": "2DDC8AF83B6CED70",
  "Keys": [],
  "GetMembers": true
}

Response:
{
    "code": 400,
    "status": "BadRequest",
    "error": "InvalidSharedGroupId",
    "errorCode": 1088,
    "errorMessage": "InvalidSharedGroupId"
}

1 comment
10 |1200

kennyroy avatar image kennyroy commented ·

Additionally, I get "OK" no matter WHAT I put into postman or my game using client.getsharedgroupdata:

(This is obviously the default body that comes with the Playfab Postman SDK collection)

{
  "SharedGroupId": "Clan Data",
  "Keys": [
    "ClanKills",
    "LastClanUpdate"
  ],
  "GetMembers": true
}

{
    "code": 200,
    "status": "OK",
    "data": {
        "Data": {},
        "Members": []
    }
}

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.