question

warddehairs avatar image
warddehairs asked

LinkedAccountAlreadyClaimed persists after deleting linked account

I'm dealing with the following problem scenario:

1. A user makes an account using login/password

2. User plays on this account for a while

3. User decides to try out Steam, tries logging in via Steam and creates a new account

4. User realizes their error and wants to link Steam to the original account

5. LinkedAccountAlreadyClaimed prevents them from linking (as expected)

6. User deletes their faulty second Steam linked account (Currently allowing this via Cloud Scripts)

7. User tries linking Steam to the original account again

8. LinkedAccountAlreadyClaimed persists

Am I understanding correctly that an account link remains claimed no matter what you do with the linked account? Is there a way to solve this problem for the user? Do I need a completely different approach?

Account ManagementAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Usually, if you delete the Master_Player_Account (MPA), all data associated with MPA will be delete, including the account linkages and you can reuse it after the MPA complete delete(It may take some time). How you delete the player in your Cloud Script? And please remember that the Server Api DeletePlayer is used to delete Title_Player_Account (TPA), it will not delete the linked account information. If your intent is to re-use the steam credentials, we recommend that you can use the Unlink Steam Account API (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/client/account-management/unlink-steam-account?view=playfab-rest), so that Steam credentials can be reused immediately.

In addition, since PlayFab doesn’t provide Server Api for you to delete MPA, you may try calling Admin API: Delete Master Player Account (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/admin/account-management/delete-master-player-account?view=playfab-rest) in Azure Function to delete the MPA. And you cloud refer to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/entities/available-built-in-entity-types#master_player_account to have more information about MPA and TPA.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

warddehairs avatar image warddehairs commented ·

Thank you, I think this explains my problem. I'm using PlayFabServerAPI DeletePlayerAsync, and passing the master account id as a parameter. I thought this would mean you're deleting the master account, but if it's deleting the title account in stead my problem makes sense. I will try it again with unlinking the Steam account, I suspect that will work fine

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.