question

Sami avatar image
Sami asked

Password recovery will not work

Hi,

I don't know why but password recovery will not work in my project.

The email will sent to the player and player can change the password. But the new password will not work. Not even that , the old password will not work either after recovering the password.

This will happen even when i change the player's password manually in my playfab game manager.

apissdksgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

I've tested the password reset functionality in my title and they both work fine whether resetting the password via mail or resetting the password via the game manager. We suggest you may create a new test account and reset its password, then you can use Postman to log in and check whether the problem still exists. If the problem still exists, you can provide us with your title id and the player id which has this problem so that we can do some research. In addition, if you are using Unity to log in, then this issue may be caused by Unity text format, you can refer to https://community.playfab.com/questions/15025/changereset-password-issue.html#:~:text=I%20was%20using,the%20updated%20password for more details.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.