question

Tommy Li avatar image
Tommy Li asked

Economy V2 - Recover deleted catalog item? Only delete the draft items and not the published version?

When I was testing Economy V2, I found that deleting a draft item also deletes the published item. And if the published item is deleted, it cannot be recovered. This is very concerning if someone on the team accidentally deletes the item, it could break all the instances of that item granted to player's inventory, since the only thing that associates them are the unique GUID that PlayFab automatically generates and cannot be set by oneself.

So my question is two fold: 1. Is it possible to recover deleted catalog items, or prevent easy deletion of published items without some deliberate steps? 2. Is it possible to only delete the draft items and not the published version? Seems like it's very confusing that deleting the draft will remove the published version as well.

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, playfab doesn’t provide features for you to recover deleted catalog items or only delete the draft items and not the published version. You could post feature requests for them.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.