question

Cruiser dev team avatar image
Cruiser dev team asked

Receipt validation failed in production with V1 economy

Hi Team! Need help with receipt validation inconsistent behavior. I've followed the legacy guide and successfully used test track and validated purchases with both fake and real cards. I've successfully spent real money too during Open Test with my Netherlands account, but once in production I noticed reports that users can't actually use IAP.

Philippines: "Validation failed: /Client/ValidateGooglePlayPurchase: Invalid receipt"

The docs are scarce and outdated, sometimes unavailable. I understand that V1 is in maintenance, but I have a feeling that it is something in config that would hit us with V2 too.

Service account was not configured back then. But it is not strictly required as per the guide. Tried to configure it as per some forum threads, but Google permissions changed since then. I tried to find substitution for those financial ones, but not sure got them right.

Any hints how to even investigate these kind of issues? App# 8A6F9

Show Me the Money: Receipt Validation for iOS and Android link is dead

unity3dandroid
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Cruiser dev team avatar image Cruiser dev team commented ·

Somehow post formatting fialed.

Hi Team! Need help with receipt validation inconsistent behavior. I've followed the legacy guide and successfully used test track and validated purchases with both fake and real cards. I've successfully spent real money too during Open Test with my Netherlands account, but once in production I noticed reports that users can't actually use IAP.

Philippines: "Validation failed: /Client/ValidateGooglePlayPurchase: Invalid receipt"

The docs are scarce and outdated, sometimes unavailable. I understand that V1 is in maintenance, but I have a feeling that it is something in config that would hit us with V2 too.

Service account was not configured back then. But it is not strictly required as per the guide. Tried to configure it as per some forum threads, but Google permissions changed since then. I tried to find substitution for those financial ones, but not sure got them right.

Any hints how to even investigate these kind of issues? App# 8A6F9

Show Me the Money: Receipt Validation for iOS and Android link is dead

0 Likes 0 ·

https://api.playfab.com/blog/show-me-money-receipt-validation-ios-and-android - is the dead link. Formatting seems to be working in preview but not when posted :(

0 Likes 0 ·

To add more details: - TransactionID looks like: vkuqttrdmonecqmwnhqutidy.AO-J1ObHfBqUQdPrArwNPXSXcBjLUgrEMTralTakiizcKYZ-RFdtdcn_fBUFIGyBAaWjdsTIuAwvqQWVtYkYKJVGXRwkuihHdWNaMvAqMcMbolldkDocRkBkrCRwvuSRepBEYfGeGMOY - itemID was properly recognized - I do not see actual transaction income anywhere in the Google Console.

Can this be actually the case of fraud detected by Playfab and not an issue?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Since you mentioned that you successfully tested with real money, which means the purchase process should be fine, does the Validation API call fail for every user in production? Also, you may double-check that the Google App License Key and Google App Package ID are set correctly.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Those are correct. One detail is that I do not see those transactions that receipt could belong too. Also I had a successful transaction from a friend in that region. I start thinking it was a fraud attempt that Playfab just successfully saved me from.

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha Cruiser dev team commented ·

If you cannot find the transaction associated with this receipt in Google Play Console, this may be a fraud attempt.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.