question

mkagamestudio avatar image
mkagamestudio asked

Local Time Push Notification

When I schedule a push notification for all users at a certain time, I want everyone to receive this notification according to their local time. Is there a way to do this without using cloud script? Otherwise I'm pretty new to cloud scripting. Can you explain how I can do this in a way that I can understand?

For example, if I scheduled a notification for 13.00, people in all countries should receive notifications at 13.00 according to their local time. I think it is possible to plan a separate notification for each country with the country filter. However, it is not efficient at all. I need a better solution.

Thank you very much for your interest.

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

PlayFab‘s Push notifications feature does not support separate push notifications based on the player's local time. As a workaround, you can create separate push notification templates for different countries/regions and segment players with different countries/regions, and then create multiple Scheduled tasks and select different execution times based on notification templates. Please note that Scheduled tasks have a limit of up to 25 tasks, so, you cannot segment for every country/region, we recommend you may segment for the main few countries/regions.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mkagamestudio avatar image mkagamestudio commented ·

Is not it possible to do this with azure functions? If possible, can you guide me in more detail? Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi mkagamestudio commented ·

If you mean that you want to use Azure Function in the workaround I mentioned earlier, then you can select “Execute Azure Function” in the scheduled task’s Actions field. And in the Azure Function, you can call API SendPushNotificationFromTemplate to send the specific notification templates to relevant segment players, but this is no different from directly selecting "Send push notification" in the Actions field of the scheduled task. If you mean besides the workaround I mentioned before, are there any other workarounds using Azure Function, then as I mentioned before, PlayFab does not support scheduling notifications based on the user’s local time directly, and there is currently no other good workaround using Azure Functions.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.