question

cihan-gs avatar image
cihan-gs asked

Lobby Create, SearchProperties

Hello,

When creating a lobby through PlayFab, I'm attempting to assign values to the SearchProperties within the LobbyCreateConfiguration, but I'm receiving a "bad request" error. Furthermore, when listing the created lobby for another player, I'm unable to retrieve the lobby's name. How can I obtain this type of information about the lobby?

Thank you.

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

As Find lobbies - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn mentions that only a restricted set of keys are allowed to be used when defining custom search properties:

For string properties, the following keys are supported: string_key1, string_key2, [...] string_key30

For numeric properties, the following keys are supported: number_key1, number_key2, [...] number_key30

If you set other keys in SearchProperties, you will receive the bad request error. For more info, you can refer to https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/lobby/define-search-keywords#example-setting-search-properties-using-lobby-and-matchmaking-sdk. In addition, if you want players to be able to retrieve the lobby names from a list of searched lobbies, you can store the lobby name in SearchProperties in advance.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.