question

Benjamin Bennett avatar image
Benjamin Bennett asked

Updating to Catalog V2

I was looking at Catalog V2 and it seems much more suited for my game than the legacy version. The problem is I released my game before Catalog V2 was available so I'll need to migrate my players to it. Is there a general guide on how to do that?

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

Unfortunately, migration with live player data will be a huge project. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/economy-v2/faq#differences-between-economy-v2-and-economy-v1-legacy If you want to migrate, you can create V2 items manually based on the data of V1, or loop call V2 Api to create V2 items based on the data of V1.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Benjamin Bennett avatar image Benjamin Bennett commented ·

I'm going to have to migrate eventually. The number of game items my game will have will force me to either use a different backend or move to V2

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.