question

John Peterson avatar image
John Peterson asked

Can Drop Tables grant random Virtual Currency?

Title ID: 44B1

Dear PlayFab community,

I'd like do configure a loot box that drops some random items and some virtual currency between a minimum and maximum amount. I'm not quite sure how I would do that, and thought I would solicit some advice here.

Any help that anyone can provide would be most appreciated!

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Containers and Bundles deliver a specified number/amount of items/VC, according to the settings for what they contain - they don't currently deliver a randomized range. So right now, you would do that via Cloud Script, using the grant item/add VC API calls.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

John Peterson avatar image John Peterson commented ·

Thanks, Brendan -- that's what I thought, but it's good to have confirmation. That would be a neat improvement to the Drop Table feature, I think.

0 Likes 0 ·
kamyker avatar image kamyker John Peterson commented ·

Agreed, drop tables should items count and virtual currency

-1 Like -1 ·
kamyker avatar image kamyker kamyker commented ·

should have*

0 Likes 0 ·
Z. avatar image
Z. answered

Is this still the case right now, where there isn't a random range for currency drops?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.