question

Stanislaw Gromadowski avatar image
Stanislaw Gromadowski asked

Huge number of API Calls "LoginWithSteam"

Hi. We are facing the following problem: Some time ago we noticed a huge number of API Calls "LoginWithSteam". It was about 2 million per half hour. We found errors in our code and extended the interval between repeated login attempts. This number has actually decreased, but currently there is still an average of 500,000 LoginWithSteams in half an hour, which is not consistent with what we should receive even at the highest peak of the number of players. Do you have any suggestions as to what might be causing this? We even suspect the possibility of api calls coming from a pirated version of our game that has no code patches and is still sending a lot of requests. If so, what could be done about it? Is it possible to block sending api calls for old versions of the game or bypass it in some other way? Or maybe this number of login requests is normal and you don't need to worry about it? Regards

unity3dsdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Infer Wang avatar image
Infer Wang answered

May I know your title id and how many users are in your title? Normally, there are limits to prevent frequent api calls. Making calls too quickly will lead to such errors https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/api-references/global-api-method-error-codes#safe-to-retry-codes

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Stanislaw Gromadowski avatar image Stanislaw Gromadowski commented ·

Title ID is D87C (Contraband Police). 108,000 players in last 30 days 8000 players in last 24 hours

I forgot to add that I'm talking about LoginWithSteam api calls that return result "InvalidSteamTicket".

0 Likes 0 ·
Infer Wang avatar image Infer Wang Stanislaw Gromadowski commented ·

PlayFab merely calls the steam Api to validate the steam ticket. You may find certain steam Api to validate a user, or you can try to reproduce the error to see whether it’s steam server crash issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stanislaw Gromadowski avatar image Stanislaw Gromadowski Infer Wang commented ·

To this day, we have not found a reason why there are so many requests. I am sending a photo from the moment as an attachment. The application appears to be behaving correctly now, so as I said earlier, we suspect that pirated versions of our game are sending a lot of requests. So is it possible to block queries from versions other than the latest one? 6974-123.png

0 Likes 0 ·
123.png (11.9 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.