question

dev-14 avatar image
dev-14 asked

Failed to create a new Multiplayer Server build due to container registry validation error

I am trying to create a new Multiplayer Server build with the following details:

- VM: Dasv4
  - Servers per machine: 5
  - Server Type: Container
  - Container image: "mycontainerimage"
  - Tag: 0.1
  - Region: East US
  - Standby servers: 1
  - Max servers: 1
  - Network: gameport => 7777/udp

Upon clicking "Add build", I am getting this error message:

There were errors during request validation.: Error - Container image 'mycontainerimage:0.1' was not found in container registry 'mycustomerusername.azurecr.io' for this title. Please make sure the container image exists and the name is correct with valid ACR DNS if provided.

Note that I followed the step to upload the container using the following and I can see my container image and tags in the container selection.

docker login -u mycustomerusername -p mypassword mycustomerusername.azurecr.io

docker tag mycontainerimage:0.1 mycustomerusername.azurecr.io/mycontainerimage:0.1

docker push mycustomerusername.azurecr.io/mycontainerimage:0.1

I also tried to run docker pull from the said registry and I was able to pull the image. My title id is F4252

Custom Game Serversmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Since I can't reproduce your issue, could you try to use the API ListContainerImages/ListContainerImageTags to check if your container has been uploaded? And we suggest you use PowerShell to deploy the build then check if issue persists. For more information, please refer to Deploy builds using PowerShell/API - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dev-14 avatar image dev-14 commented ·

Hi, after some tries, I still can't get it to work. Still getting the same error. I'm using the PowerShell cmdlets now.

Executing New-PfBuildWithCustomContainer with sane arguments gives me this familiar error message:

{"code":400,"status":"BadRequest","error":"MultiplayerServerBadRequest","errorCode":1382,"errorMessage":"MultiplayerServerBadRequest - ValidationError - There were errors during request validation.","errorDetails":{"Error":["Container image 'myimagename:0.5' was not found in container registry 'customer2wt5spimxq7ua.azurecr.io' for this title. Please make sure the container image exists and the name is correct with valid ACR DNS if provided."]}}

Running Get-PfContainerImageTag -ImageName myimagename | ConvertTo-Json -depth 5 gives me a response which contains the tag 0.5

{
  "Code": 200,
  "Data": {
    "PageSize": 4.0,
    "SkipToken": null,
    "Tags": [
      "0.2",
      "0.3",
      "0.4-shipping",
      "0.5"
    ]
  },
  "Status": "OK"
}
0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image Neils Shi dev-14 commented ·

Do you have the access to submit a support ticket? If so, you can follow this document: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/paidtechnicalsupport#support-ticket-submission to submit a support ticket. In addition, could you please also try to query whether your image exists through https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/aks/tutorial-kubernetes-prepare-acr?tabs=azure-cli#list-images-in-registry ?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.